Thursday, February 1, 2007

An entire month....

WOW. It is hard for me to even comprehend that it has been an entire month since I voluntarily ate a wheat product! WOW. I am not normally a very disciplined person, dieting is a challenge because of the cookies that call my name from the cabinet. Not today. Not now. I can honestly say, a plate of cookies looks like something from "Fear Factor" to me. I can look at them, remember how good they tasted, but then the realization of just how sick they make me sinks in and they might as well be a big ole plate of chocolate covered razor blades.

I did it. I did it. Three time in the last week I have sauntered by the little green cookie nazi's and their wares and have not bought even one box. Of course, i have a new goal in life, like how in the world do you make a gluten free samoa or thin mint cookie. It MUST be able to be done, and it may be a fantasy, but it is one I will take on as a personal challenge.

This week is Superbowl Sunday, and not only do I have my allergies to deal with, friends of ours are coming and they cannot have dairy in any form, tomatoes, pork or black pepper. I've decided to make a beef stew. I'm going to make chicken wings and a salad too. Thinking I'll just keep the tomatoes off the salad and make them optional, like keep a basket of grape tomatoes on the side. We'll see. I'll let ya know how it goes! :D

I'm also going to make a Wacky Cake, gluten free. My first attempt was unsuccessful, so I'm going to give it another go and add some ingredients that will hopefully improve the texture. First time was grainy and just hard to eat!

No comments: