Sunday, March 4, 2007

Buttermilk Fried Chicken

My menu got adjusted a little this week since my husband called on Tuesday and had received a promotion that day. We went to Outback to celebrate. They were wonderful. Our Outback is EXTREMELY trustworthy when it comes to gluten free. I am thankful.

Our dinners got a little shifted.

On Wednesday, we had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. And YES, I did fry it.

4 lbs Bone In Chicken Pieces (I used 5 legs, cut into drumsticks and thighs)
2 cups buttermilk
3/4 Cup Rice Flour
1 Tbs Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
dash pepper
Oil for Frying (I used 1 qt bottle in my 7qt cast iron dutch oven, fried in two batches)

Soak thawed chicken pieces in buttermilk overnight.

In a large bag, put flour and seasonings. Seal, and shake well to mix.

Remove chicken from buttermilk BUT DO NOT DRAIN. Place pieces in the large plastic bag (I did in two separate batches) and shake until well covered.

Fry in oil 10 minutes on each side, then an additional 5 or so flipping each side. NOTE: Chicken Breast pieces will take longer than legs, drumsticks and wings. WINGS ALONE will only take 12 minutes total.

We had this with french fries and green salad.

:) YUMMY.

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

News like that NEEDS to be shared... :oP