Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Miss me?

Where have I been? Well...let me tell you...no where. Here, in my home. Busy, crazy and no time for real life cooking. Well, maybe we're doing more real life cooking (out of jars and cans) lately. Completely nothing inspired.

I've been gearing up to try some new recipes, then on Sunday, fell while holding my toddler. In effort to keep the little one from cracking her skull open, I sprained my ankle. On the mend, yes, I am. Dinner last night was tuna salad on rice cakes for me! And on bread for my gluten-gluttons. Night before was hot dogs (bunless for me), night before that was leftovers, I think???

Well, tonight I actually plan on cooking - if my ankle holds out :D - and hoping to post it.

To hold you over, here is one of my favorite Salad Dressing recipes - homemade, in a pint jar, shaken, not stirred.


Balsamic Viniagrette

1/4 Cup GOOD Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 Tbs White Vinegar OR Lemon Juice
1 Tsp white sugar OR honey
2 tsp dijion mustard
1/2 cup GOOD olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a 1/2 pint mason jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously. Shaking provides emulsion and creates a creamy delicious dressing.

One of my favorite salads to serve this one on is thinly sliced romaine, thinly sliced scallions, thawed & drained frozen corn and dice tomatoes. Reminds me of ZuZu's Mexican Restaurants. :D

2 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Hey gimpy :O) Glad you're feeling better. You didn't drop that adorable little girl, did you?

kbabe1968 said...

No, I didn't, thankfully!!! She was totally fine