Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!!! Sweet Balsamic Onion Chicken Legs



Okay, so I know I owe you pictures of my kitchen. It is not quite Done/done...it's functional, but there are a few cosmetic touches I want finished before I post pix...they will be forthcoming I promise.

As of 7:00 p.m. Friday May 9th, it was functional! YAY!!! I actually cried when we tested the water in the sink. I think I missed my sink more than anything else!

It does look beautiful, I am sorry you will need to be patient.

I've been busy cooking away in my new kitchen, and enjoying it! I cooked a fajita feast in it on Saturday night. Monday, my eldest and I made Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies (I'll post soon, promise!), I cooked chili on Monday night for Dinner. Rest has been sort of standard fare for a few days.

Tonight I tried a new recipe...I hope that you like it.

Sweet Balsamic Onion Chicken Legs

4 Whole Chicken Legs (about 2 lbs), cut drumsticks from thighs
Season Salt (make sure gluten free brand!)
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup Chicken Broth (I used Herbox and water)
1/2 large onion, cut in thin strips
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat olive oil over medium high heat until pan is hot. Place drumsticks and thighs - skin side down and cook for 5 minutes until skin is cripy and brown. Flip and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to oven save baking dish.

Place in oven.

While chicken is baking add onions and saute 1 minute, add balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, and brown sugar. Mix well and cook until reduced by about half.

Spoon over baking chicken.

Continue to bake chicken until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.

Serve over rice, if desired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I can't wait to see pictures of the new kitchen. You must want to cook all the time now.

The chicken looks wonderful. I love anything with Balsamic vinegar. I'm going to have to try that soon.

Anonymous said...

This was excellent. Thank you for a new chicken recipe. And some really good meat for a new creation from the leftovers.