Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Black Bean & Corn Salad

We had a party this weekend in honor of some visiting friends from out of town. My husband requested a mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad. I have not made this often, but decided to give it a try again. My only regret is I did not make more, it was really good!!!


Black Bean & Corn Salad

1 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Cups frozen corn, thawed
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbs olive oil
2 scallions, sliced thinly
1 medium tomato, small dice
1 Tbs jalepeno juice (soaking liquid from NON PICKLED jarred jalepenos)
2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl. Refridgerate for 2 hours or overnight so that the flavors blend well. Serve with any mexican dish as a side dish! MMMMMMMMMMMM....

It's all gone, I'm going to have to make more! OH WELL!!! :D

No comments: