Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Chicken Salad

Okay, so chicken salad was last night, but I finally am getting around to posting. This used to (well, still does) at my old cooking blog, but I've decided to add it here to to save folks from having to look hard for it! I adapted slightly this time for my kids sake and kept the nuts and fruit out. I WILL NOT do that a second time. I REALLY missed them.


Fruited Chicken Salad

1 lb Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast, grilled and cubed
1 small can pineapple slices, drained and cut in chunks
3 scallions, sliced thin
1 stalk celery, small dice
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (Hellman's is GF)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (thanks for the tip anne!)
2 Tbs Dijion Mustard
Salt & Pepper


Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Seasoning with salt & pepper to your own preference.

Make ahead so that you can store in fridge about 2 hours so that the flavors blend really well.

My favorite presentation of this dish is to quarter a cantelope, clear away seeds and serve a scoop of the chicken salad in the hollow. You get dinner and dessert all in one! :D

Yummy...

2 comments:

Adopted Son said...

Soooo good. Mmm.

Anonymous said...

I left the fruit and nuts out and used onion...it was delicious even though we didn't wait two hours!