Monday, March 19, 2007

Gluten Free Flax Bread

Thanks to Lorka150 @ Celiac.com, there is a terrific recipe for bread out there that tastes a whole lot like whole wheat bread. Even the dough smelled like a wheat bread. It was delicious.

Gluten Free Flax Bread

The only adaptation was that I did not use garfava flour. My flour blend was 1 Cup Sorghum Flour, 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour, 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour. All the rest was exactly as written. If you follow the thread on the Celiac.com board, there are other variations which include using soy or rice milk and egg replacers to make it a Vegan Bread.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. It was so nice having an actual sandwich the other day, I nearly cried!!!

1 comment:

ByTheBay said...

Hi there...

I love hearing about people adoring this recipe as much as I did! Good bread is lifechanging when you're used to crappy GF breads.

Just thought I should let you know that my adaptations to this recipe can be found here and here.

I also just posted another "just might make you cry" bread recipe here which was somewhat inspired by Lorka's loaf as well.