Monday, January 27, 2014

Product Review - Udi's Gluten-free Hamburger Buns


I will say, after returning to the gluten-free lifestyle, I'm so impressed with the advances in products available!!!

Last night, I went out to dinner with a friend to a local restaurant known for clearly labeling their foods and accommodating the gluten-free patron.  I was so surprised to see that they would offer their burgers on a gluten-free bun!  I declined because I was concerned that the bun would be like that of buns in the past.  Dry.  Sticky.  Gummy.  Fall apart with the juices from the burgers.  So, I opted for a salad, but ordered a gluten-free roll to try on the side (instead of their signature ciabatta loaf they normally bring to the table).  They cut it in half and baked it in the brick oven, and presented with sweet cream butter.  It was delicious.

I nearly tackled our waiter to have him find out if they were a branded bun or a restaurant-made one.  He came back and said it was "Udi's"  OH YEAH!  Found some in my grocery store today.  I think I might try a burger tonight.

:)

No comments: