Sunday, January 7, 2007

Marbled Cinnamon Swirled Quick Bread

OH MY! It turned out great! I'm really riding high today, I'm so excited! Here it goes folks, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! As with all my recipes, make sure the ingredients you choose are gluten free!


Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirled Quick Bread


1 1/3 Cup sugar - divided
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups White Rice Flour (that's what I used, but I bet you could used whatever you like)
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix 1/3 Cup of the sugar and the cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 Cup of sugar together in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.

Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.

Stir by hand until just moistened.

Pour half the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle in half of the cinnamon sugar blend. Pour in the rest of the batter, top with the remaining cinnamon mixture. Swirl a knife thru the batter to marble it.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan for about 1/2 hour - you want it to be pretty cool so it doesn't fall apart - but not so cool that it doesn't come out at all!

Now....my original recipe for this said to wrap and store overnight and slice the next day. Yeah right, good luck with THAT one. I took mine out of the pan too soon, so it broke in half! Oh well...we sliced it and started eating. Oh man, it was just too good. Seriously, the loaf is half gone! It's dense, moist and sweet! I bet you could even frost it! LOL :D So good. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did/are, LOL!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many eggs?

Anonymous said...

I used one egg. I found it didn't have enough of a swirl so instead of 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon, I increased it to 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon. Also added 1 tsp vanilla to batter and 3/4 tsp xanthan gum. I thought it was still a little dry but better marbling. I think I'll try an extra egg next time.