Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 6 & 7 - I got GLUTENED!!!

Well, if there was any question in my mind whether or not I have gluten allergy, this weekend has proved it and confirmed it!

We had hamburgers for dinner on Friday night. I thought they were 100% beef...they were not. I was sick and it took me out for the rest of the night. Yesterday, we went to McD's. I was careful to order a salad with no dressing and a small fry. It was not as immediate, but I did get sick after - either a carry over from the night before or maybe the fries & nuggets were fried in the same oil? I don't know....

The success of the weekend was finding a pizza place about 20 minutes from us that have certified gluten-free pizza. And it was really good. We got it take out for dinner last night, and I had it for lunch again today.

The other success of the weekend was our pancakes. We had rice-flour pancakes today and they were great!

So, here's the recipe for the pancakes!


Saturday Morning GLUTEN FREE Pancakes

1 cup rice flour
1 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 egg
2 tbs oil
1 cup milk

Mix together well. Pour in puddles on a hot skillet. Flip when bubbles really come up to the surface. Only flip once!


They were GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you will read this thread a year later, but McDonald's fries have gluten in them.