Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 15 - still hanging in!

We went out to eat on Friday night. I was so excited, we were going to try Outback because they had a Gluten-free menu. WELL, I didn't realize that even with call ahead seating we would have to wait 80 minutes. So, needless to say, we did not go there! LOL :D We ended up going to Ruby Tuesdays. The word gluten-free might as well have been German or Spanish because they looked at me like I was a foreigner! I managed to make it thru my order okay. But it was stressfull. I don't know if I got glutened or if I'm just still fighting this cold. My stomach was a mess, but I didn't end up getting sick as usual. I was VERY tired though. And I tossed and turned all night.

Saturday I went to Whole Foods and stocked up on my gluten free goodies. We had a mexican fiesta at my husband's co-workers house. My husband did tell them ahead of time about my dietary constraints and that I would be bringing my own food. They were fine with that. I'm betting a lot of it would have been okay to eat because it was made from scratch, but I didn't want to chance it. I don't think anyone noticed that I wasn't eating the food, and that I was eating my own. The party was a success in that light! YEAH.

Sunday, I was excited to try doing Chicken Cheesesteaks gluten free. The bread I used, however, was YUCKY....so I had breadless ones! Oh well...next time.

I'm going to attempt to bake a loaf of bread in my new bread machine today. I have a package of Gluten Free Pantry's Pizza & French Bread mix. I'm putting the baby down for a nap this afternoon and going to start it in the machine. We'll see how it goes! I'm probably going to do it in the dough cycle and then make it into roll sized portions, just in case it's awful! LOL :D

I should be posting some recipes this week as I'll be trying some new things.

:)

No comments: