Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 10 was a fiasco!

Day 10 was a fiasco!!!
Well, if I needed confirmation, I got it! I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream in a recipe last night. I got so sick. Read after the fact that the yogurt contained modified food starch. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I still have a headache today. I'll share the recipe, but be sure if you are gluten free to make sure all your ingredients are gluten free too.


Sour Cream Chicken w/ Mushrooms and Peas

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken pieces, cut into 1" chunks
10 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 cloves garlic

2 cups chicken broth (I used Imagine)
1 cup sour cream

Saute chicken pieces. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to saute until chicken is done and mushrooms are soft. Add peas. Mix broth and sour cream together. Pour over chicken, mushrooms and peas. Cook on low heat until bubbly and thickened.

Serve over potatoes, rice or brown-rice noodles.

MMMMM.

No comments: