Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 17 - Has it really only been 17 days???

It is hard for me to believe that it has been only a little over three weeks since going gluten free. I am astounded at how much better I feel and that it's only been that short a period of time. What time of my life I have wasted not knowing what was wrong with me. I feel hope that someday I'll actually feel 100% better. I still have the fatigue and a lingering headache, and I still have some joint and muscle pain. Of course, even the lingering symptoms are at least at 50% improvement. The fact that I am able to stay awake all day without having to take a nap is absolutely amazing. I awake around 7:30 and go to bed around 10:00 or 11:00. I used to wake the same time, take a nap for an hour around 2:00 and then go to bed around 9:00. So being able to get thru the day without a nap is nothing short of a miracle. I'm adjusting to my new vitamins too, so I'm sure as I continue to heal, I'll absorb some more.

Today's treat was Artichoke Spinach dip which I had with corn chips rather than my normal bread croustinis or crackers. it was still very yummy!!!! The recipe is on my other blog, www.in-the-kitchen-with-krista.blogspot.com . I was able to adapt it so that I used ALL gluten free ingredients. It was delicious, nutritious (okay, at least the veggies were!) and well worth the effort.

Looking forward to continued healing!

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

Woot! I'm excited that you're feeling better-it must be a HUGE relief!