Monday, January 22, 2007

Party Mix

Another discovery was gluten-free "Chex" type cereals. I made a party mix b/c it's my favorite snack food! Easy to make, cheap (well, not as much as the original now).

Gluten Free Party Mix

4 Cups Health Vally Rice Crunchems
4 Cups Health Valley Corn Crunchems
1 Cup raw almonds
1 Cup Ener-G Gluten Free Mini Pretzel twists
1/4 Cup Butter
4 tsp. Seasoned Salt (gluten free option of course!)
4 tsp. French's Worchestershire sauce (on company's gluten free list - so is Lea & Perrins)

Preheat oven to 250.

Measure cereals, almonds and pretzels into a large bowl.

Melt butter in the microwave in a glass bowl (or another microwave safe dish). Mix in season salt and worchestershire sauce, stir well.

Gently pour over the cereal mixture while mixing well. Continue to mix well to coat each piece as much as possible.

Place into a 13 X 9" pan. Place in the 250 degree oven. Stir every 15 minutes - cook for 1 hour total. When you remove from the oven, pour out onto papertowels to allow to cool.

Store in an airtight container once cool.


THEN...call me and let me know it's there, I'll bring the party with me! :D

No comments: